Sunday, August 19, 2012

I hate Target

Ok… That’s a bold-faced lie. I love Target. I love everything about Target, which created my problem.

So, if you read my blog you know I got in a car accident about a month or so ago, which totaled my little car and sent me into a spiraling depression. That was slightly dramatic, but also slightly true. I loved my little Daisy, and am having a hard time letting her go. **shamelessly wipes tears away** That being said, my insurance agent informed me it would be in my best interest to total it, because the frame was so badly damaged he didn’t feel comfortable supporting my decision to revive my poor Daisy from her untimely death. With a heavy heart, I said good bye to my beloved friend and went on the hunt for a new mode of transportation.

After testing out more cars than I care to mention (by the way, I feel like car lots should let you know how easily a car brakes and/or turns before you take it off the lot. I almost killed Grandma and Darling multiple times. It was not fun) I decided on a silver 2007 Jeep Liberty. He/she is beautiful. I still haven’t decided if it’s a boy or a girl, but I’m leaning toward just calling it a her, and referring to her specifically as “the Jeep,”

Since she is so pristine and nice looking and not cluttered up with trash, clothing and more shoes than I should probably have, I went to Target to get something to personalize her. I love celebrating at Target. My wallet does not, but I do. Anyway, I needed some form of school supplies, since school starts Tuesday and I had absolutely nothing but a highlighter. Target had some super cute notebooks for 50¢ and some folders for about 75¢. An unforeseen car payment has me broke as a joke, so I thought “Holy goodness, I can steal/use a pen from Grandma’s house and that random highlighter that’s floating in my purse, and then buy those things for school and I’ll have everything sans books for like $5.00 and some tax. School supplies for less than the cost of my Starbucks trips? I’m down with that,” What the heck was I thinking?! I came out of there with ERASERS IN THE SHAPE OF RANDOM DESSERTS! WHY on earth would I need a cupcake-shaped eraser? I don’t even have a pencil! I ended up spending about $57 in that trip. Which, honestly isn’t that bad for setting me loose in Target, but when you consider the fact it was over 11x the price I had budgeted for, it becomes a bit bigger of a deal.

I am in college. I am broke. Why in the name of all things good in this world did I think going to Target was a god idea? I even opened those stupid erasers before I really thought about it so I can’t return the dang things. What the heck, Kaelyn, what the heck?! That being said, I did buy some things I almost needed. You know what I mean? Those things you could really do without, but you’ll use them now because you have them? Things like popsicle/cupcake whatever else erasers and a “trash can” for my car. And a backpack. I’m a sucker for a good backpack. I love them. The one I got even had a place for my laptop so it won’t flop around and tick me off. I’ve been pretty good about justifying my purchases so far. I’m just not going to look at how broke I am for the rest of the pay period. Sounds like a plan right?

Target
Story of my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment