Saturday, August 11, 2012

10 day wrap up!

I went from obnoxiously posting almost every day to not posting ANYTHING for 10 days. What kind of blogger am I? Not a good one I guess, but I'm going to try and be better!

Now, a bit of what on earth has been going on the past week and a half:
I hated my "vegan detox" and quit, but you know that because I wrote about it.
I was introduced to ground flaxseed and now eat it with my breakfast, and I really like it. It adds another layer to my breakfast and I stay fuller longer, and get fuller on less calories. My aunt introduced me to her breakfast slop, which sounds disgusting, but she couldn't come up with a better name for it.

Breakfast Slop:
1 banana
1single serving container of yogurt
as much flaxseed as you can handle

You cut the banana into bite sized pieces (Quartered length wise and then sliced is what she does) and then you dump the yogurt on top and sprinkle as much of the flaxseed as you can handle on the top. The flaxseed creates a whole new texture so the "slop" isn't just slimy yogurt and bananas, but it kind of makes it gritty. She compared it to actually finding a banana seed while you're eating a banana (something I have never experienced). I have a big texture issue and gag really easily at things that don't please my tongue, but this was suprisingly good. I liked it a lot and didn't even gag once. :)

Darling and I became an "official" couple on Monday. He asked me and it was just so stinking perfect. :) He's pretty precious. He'd hate that I just called him "presh" so let's keep that between us blog buds ok? ;) We've been spending a lot of time together actually. I like him a lot.
 
 
Isn't he presh? ;)

On Tuesday I went to Six Flags for the first time with some of my girlfriends. :)) I was sooooooooo much fun. Seriously, why haven't I gone before? We ate weird food and swam and I almost fell out of a boat and then did fall out of a tube... I didn't have very good luck, and got some wicked tan lines, but still I had more fun than I've had in a while. (***Small disclaimer: Six Flags is a completely safe theme park and I did not fall and almost fall because of malpractice on their part. I almost fell out of the boat because I didn't put my feet where they belonged and I fell out of the tube because I got scared and tried to cover my face like a wimp and then flipped over the edge of the tube, because I wasn't holding anything.) I had a blast and so did Wang and Tee... I think...

Wang, me in the middle and Tee on the right :)


I also went to Silver Dollar City with Wang while I was on my blogging hiatus (that's a theme park in Branson, Missouri incase you wondered). The "theme" is old western-ish things. Ladies wear dresses and bloomers and the guys dress like everything from train robbers to cowboys. It's fun to see. Around here people call it "Steal Your Dollar City," but after going to Six Flags I will NEVER call it that again. We paid $18 just to park a tiny car. WHAT THE HECK?! We're already paying to get in, why on earth do you not have free parking? I'll even walk a little farther. Exercise is good for the body and soul. But I digress. I had a super fun time at SDC and Shorty and I ate weird food (Stir fried sweet potato mash, anyone?).


Wang on the left, moi, grandma doesn't like me posting her picture, and Blue :)
I also found an awesome "hideout" for some great journaling time. I love to be social and around people, but I also sometimes just need to leave and be by myself and have God-and-Kaelyn-time. Just some time for me to write in my journal and pray or sing without people listening or judging my sometimes-decent-but-usually-slightly-too-high singing voice is completely refreshing. Anyway. I found this cute little "park" thing that is actually a catch-and-release state fishing park. It hardly ever has anyone there, especially lately since it's been so dry and hot and the water is down. I went down there last week right as a storm was rolling in and it was so beautiful I could hardly stand it. God is so good, and so beautiful and the things He blesses me with overwhelm me so completely I sometimes feel like I could burst from happiness. That was one of those times.


God is so good. This picture doesn't even BEGIN to describe this beautiful scene.

I guess that about wraps up the past ten days of my life. :) There have been some other little things, but this was the major. I start college again in like nine days, and I still don’t have books... Procrastination at it's finest. Leave me some comment-type love?

OH! AND! Because I have no where else to put this, what the heck is rhythmic gymnastics? I had no idea there was really a place in the Olympic Games for dancing with a ball and a hula hoop. Why didn't they tell me this as a child? I would have been all over that. It looks hard and they have to be in, like, top physical condition to do some of those crazy things, I had just never seen someone do a roll over a rubber ball and it be considered a sport... #ThingsI'mLearning

No comments:

Post a Comment