Saturday, September 1, 2012

Just a friendly note from your neighborhood receptionist









I cannot read your mind. If you don’t know who you want to talk to, neither do I, so you’re going to have to explain the situation to me. Just calling in and telling me your name, gives me no direction, and I can’t help you.


Turn off your radio. I cannot hear you. I may, however, start to sing along with Hunter Hayes, Niki Manaj, or whoever else might be on your radio if I can’t hear you over them. I can’t help it, singing like an annoying pop star is a gift of mine (That was heavy sarcasm… I plan on being the next Whitney Houston. That was also sarcasm).


Do not yell at me. I’ll probably hang up on you. I have that right. I do not get paid to have you scream at me. If you have a problem with me, let me know, and I’ll do my very best to fix it. If you have a problem with someone I’m transferring you to, let me know that as well. It is my job to help you, and make your experience with this company as easy and pleasant as possible. That being said, I can only do so much. If you get someone’s voicemail, I’ve done all I can do, so you need to leave him/her a voicemail. He/she will get back to you. I promise, and if they don’t give it a day or so and call back; everyone gets busy. I’d be glad to send you to a higher up in that situation and let them try to rectify the situation. I am here to serve you as best I can.


I am not a secretary. I do not get coffee. You cannot call me “toots” if that was ever acceptable behavior, I am so glad I did not have to go to through that. I do not send memos for someone that doesn’t know how to use a computer. Those are Hollywood misconceptions, and I actually work with a very technologically forward company, thank you very much. It is my job to answer the phones, direct walk-ins and follow the instructions in my manual.



I love my job. I love my company. I love everything about what I do, except the occasional rude client. We all hate the jerks we have to deal with, and to prevent you from having to deal with me being a grumpy pants, help me out, Boo :) Don't make me angry. No one wins.

image


I don't own these pictures I found them on Google.

No comments:

Post a Comment