Sunday, October 28, 2012

Today I am sick.

I really hate writing when I'm sick for multiple reasons. The main reason I hate this so much is, I'm extremely whiny. I hate being whiny, because I know I have such an incredibly large amount of things to be thankful for, but I really find it hard to embrace that when I can't breathe. Right now I have strep throat that has also manifested itself into some sort of cold thing as well. It feels like there is fire in my throat and an elephant on my chest. I am a fairly healthy person. I don't get sick too often and when I do it usually isn't very serious. I thank God this is the case. I have so much to be thankful for, and I know I forget to be thankful. I have good vision, I can speak, I even lead music at a church for a while, I can walk, I have a roof over my head, and a job. I have all these things to be thankful for, but I'm focused on the snot in my nose and the pain in my throat.

I just want to be thankful. I want to express everyday how much I truly care for all the things in my life, but in reality I fall short of that every single day. Darling likes to tease me about my whiny voice, but it really is true. I am indeed kind of a whiner. When I'm not getting my way I inflect the tone of my voice depending on the situation and try to get my way by simply being more persuasive than I was before, which really is not right. I can't believe I do this, but I do. All the time.

I hope I'm not the only person that feels this way, but I really am trying to be more thankful.

Honestly though, I'm sick, and I feel awful.


image

1 comment:

  1. Fully embrace your snot-nosed whininess. (I just created a word!)

    ReplyDelete